Thursday, February 14, 2008

LOVE YOU!





On our first Valentine with Gus, I'm tempted to talk about how cute he is and how he is making me and Jacob grow in our love for each other (and as you can see from the pictures, I Mommie-geek out every once in a while), but what seems more pertinent to this day and what it celebrates, is how Gus loves with abandon and without prejudice. He loves ceiling fans, he loves his Granna, Pap, Groma and Grossbape, he loves the lady at the grocery checkout, he loves me and he loves his daddy, he loves belly time and naked time especially, he loves a good tickle or a backrub and he loves a smile from a kind stranger almost more than anything else, he loves to shower and to sing in the car, he loves a good nursery rhyme - a bad one too, and he loves mornings, rainy or shiny. He loves a fresh diaper and he loves quiet nursing time with his Mom.
I want to love like he does, the small things, the big things, the unexpected and the counted on, the people that matter and the random stranger, too. Gus wakes up every day ready to love it all and everyone.
I love you all and thank you for being there for Jacob and me and Gus. I do believe that love is one of life's true luxuries, the more we love, the richer we are.

1 comment:

Maia said...

Cute!
Happy Love Day, Dinkins family!