Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Get your knit on

"Pick me, pick me!" that's how I picture myself begging little 4th, 5th and 6th graders who tonight get to "shop" various 4-week courses...it's our church who is putting on this crafts program and a couple of weeks ago I over-confidently volunteered to put on a knitting & crocheting class...again, it's my church, so they don't say no easily.

But with the actual show-and-tell just hours away I'm suddenly worried that no one - especially no cool 6th grader - will want to be seen anywhere near a skein of yarn - no one except our church program coordinator's daughter, who will have been instructed to pick my class...

Anyways, it's my hope that I find a couple of quirky kids to share my love for this simple craft with, a couple of kind souls that will find my little projects (put together in the car yesterday while dropping off my parents in Atlanta) fun or cute...

Would you pick me?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Leah said...

Hands down I would pick you.

Maia said...

Love the colors...looks like fun!