Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Barrel of fun

Brag alert: Just had to post a picture of my very cool, very artisan water barrel, which I got from my handy husband and my feisty son for mother's day...made from reclaimed chemical container and "purdied up" with spray paint (check out Gus' contribution, a stubby hand print)...it was a huge surprise although I knew I would go blue in the face if I held my breath for a traditional hand-made card or breakfast in bed. Jacob did cook up a great omelet brunch though...

One day of rain fills the whole thing right out of the gutter spout...I can't wait to put my collected rainwater to good use on my heirloom tomatos and my kitchen herb garden....Gus can't wait to fill his baby pool with it...


1 comment:

Maia said...

What a great gift! Nothing better than a man who can make things by hand.