Tuesday, July 7, 2009

To the farm...

Monday, Gus and I spent 7.5 hours making the journey from Brevard, North Carolina, to Locust Fork, Alabama, where we'll spend a week frolicking on the farm ... along the way we spotted this backhoe sitting at a new subdivision right off the highway near Atlanta, and we couldn't resist ... instead of eating our lunch at a scenic rest stop or an air-conditioned Cracker Barrel, I lunched at the curb, while Gus climbed all over this yellow beast ...

He finally deigned to take a few bites of a PB&J and a handful of grapes ... in between sitting on the tire and lovingly running his hands all over the greasy stick shifters ...

He hollered at every car and truck driving by and broke into shrieks when an airplane flew overhead ... I don't think McDonald's playground could have made him this happy ... the supervisor from the grading crew stopped by and I feared a talking-to, instead he offered to take Gus for a ride, but I declined (I know, I'm no fun) fearing that we'd have to buy a lot there and live out our natural lives at Jefferson Centre Pointe, if it got any better for Gus ... he was surprisingly docile when I strapped him back into the seat, although he waved his little heart out as the backhoe got smaller in the rearview mirror ...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: