Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Due when due is due...

...The due date is definitely starting to run away from me...whenever people ask me the standard question of "how far along are you?" I frantically begin complicated calculations and inevitably come up (most of the time) with the wrong figure...then I mumble something about "I'm due in 2 months or so" at which point I get a long searching look...I know, I should know this by heart down to the minute and second, but as I told a good friend of mine yesterday....my instincts tell me that the countdown really isn't that important - at least to me - because from now on, it can be any day or weeks later than expected, so why do the numbers?....Bean will make his appearance when he is good and ready...

Good friends of ours welcomed their first babyboy yesterday (5 lbs, 11 oz.)...we got text message updates on Jacob's cellphone which is not only a great idea on the part of the brandnew Daddy - not sure if we'll be that diligent and able to multitask- but also gave us the opportunity to experience the anticipation...thank you to the Baldwin's for sharing and welcome to the world, Boone!

Aside from an appetite befitting of a ditch digger, I don't have any complaints about this last trimester. Still feeling good, still sleeping well enough, still able to do most things I want to do.
Bean's starting to settle into a daily routine. He likes to kick it up a notch intermittenly during the night, rest during my morning excercises, then do his own push-ups and sit-ups mid-morning, take a prolonged nap over lunch, tidy up his digs mid-afternoon - lots of poking and scraping around - then lay low until dinner, which he reserves for his big acrobatic moves, much to my astonishment...it's a weird feeling to see your bellybutton slowly - or jerkily - move north or west, while you are reclining perfectly still on the couch or in bed...

No comments: