Friday, March 6, 2009

A shower to shine

All the china you could want straight from Alabama.
Tomorrow is the big day, at least in my mind, as I am hosting a bridal shower for my cousin-in-law Sara, who is getting married in April. Thanks to my mother-in-law and my grand-meme-in-law, I got all the fine china, punch bowls and dainty party serving ware anyone could ask for (pastry tree, check). The weather forecast promises sun and spring temperatures, so my hope is that we get to settle in on our big porch and use the very part of this pld house that was meant for parties (it's like an outdoor ballroom, if you ask me).

But today Gus and I rolled up our sleeves and worked hard (sometimes in concert, sometimes not). We scrubbed, vaccumed, dusted, wiped and cooked. It's 7:20 now and I'm happy with the results...an early run tomorrow, a shower and some makeup and a bit of flower arranging and we're ready to shower one sweet little bride with lots of presents and well wishes...

Unpacking the breakables, very carefully, while Gus gets dirty in the backyard.

My breakfast casserole, recipe courtesy of my mother-in-law, Cindy. I hope it'll bake up just the way she promised it will.

Gus helps with the compostables.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Maia said...

Sounds like it was fixing to be a lovely event! Hope you took pictures. That porch of yours is certainly a crowning glory. Love the new vacuum by the way! I'm jealous.