Wednesday, August 19, 2009

All business

I thought I had it all figured out this morning as I got ready to make a series of networking calls for jobs. I would treat Gus to wet play with water in my dish bucket, while I sit on the backstoop with my cellphone and my notepad...

So far so good, I didn't care that he insisted on wearing his big boy pants while sitting in the bucket...but then (with me on the phone trying to sound both, interested and focused) he decided to swing his heinie in sight and douse his head in the surly-peed-in water...

Then he proceeded to come over and drip all over my scribbles and give me huge smiles and punctuate my ventures on the phone with piercing shrieks of enjoyment...I ended up bonding with two ladies over child rearing and the joys and challenges of 2-year-olds...well, we shall see...

He is my favorite boss of all times...and he gives plenty of rewards for my hard work...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: