Thursday, April 24, 2008

4 steps to standing tall


When we first moved these two shelves next to the stove, my mother-in-law and I shared a good-hearted giggle about how that might be tempting for Gus someday...

Well, someday is here.

It's his very favorite place to stand up and he insists on it, which makes me cringe not only for his little, fragile self - sometimes my arms are outstretched to rescue my beautiful stoneware and heavy iron skillets.

So, he is working on perfecting his new skill; Four steps, lots of grunt work (literally) and a triumphant shriek when he is fully erect at 30 inches. Then without as much as a pause he fingers around for a new hand hold and teeters with one hand (not knowing brave from bump in the head) along all sorts of sharp edges.

All eyes are on him, all the time.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: