Monday, September 14, 2009

Big kid

I might as well be twittering as I'm updating on our status by the hour on this VERY SPECIAL day for us! First things first: I can't believe how big and boyish my baby suddenly looks to me...for evidence I offer up these two shots...the one above taken yesterday...dressed in his Euro-Soccer gear complete with a pair of size 7 (SEVEN!!!) Converse...he is positively handsome isn't he? Not a trace of baby left. As you can see in the shot below, which features Gus and his best friend Rion (who happens to be the other cute boy in town and the son of my good friend, Heather) today during an impromptu cake birthday gathering this morning (also attended in an earlier shift by Gus' other good friend, Annaly, and her lovely mom, Joy).

Can you believe how HUGE he looks next to the world's cutest 9 month old? OK I'll stop gushing now. But it just dawned on me that I'm the mother of a BOY now, no longer a baby boy.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Julie said...

1) Happy birthday to Gus!
2) I love the Vail Daily momentos on the bulletin board in the background.