Sunday, October 11, 2009

Pay Date

Thursday we had a big play date (I'm saving for a new pair of shoes and the Mommas of two sweet boys pay us to play with them...it's a great deal for us). We left all the housework for another day and turned the house into one big playground...funny thing I discovered; you can take three boys, two years of age, 20 months, and almost 11 months, and they move like a single cell organism...one inches into the kitchen two more follow...one runs into the nursery...there is a regular stampede...I was amazed that little Rion kept up so well, but he wouldn't be left behind and they were all really sweet and sharing with each other...I just sit back and fight back the urge to pick up...

It may more look like a wrestling move, but it's actually a sweet hug between Gus and Jassim. Both are big huggers...

It's kind of like an assembly line as the toys move through some carefully calibrated pecking order...each has preferences and dislikes...Jassim likes musical toys, Rion likes toys that fit in his mouth, and Gus likes whatever lies beyond...

Can you see all the yoghurt crust on this little boys face? He is the best eater I know and he has my heart solidly just for that. With three basic hygiene is a challenge...I would just periodically jump up grab the nearest one and change a diaper and wipe a face...snack time was a food fight of the memorable kind....we had so much fun.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Maia said...

I can't wait to see how Q interacts with a group of kids that she gets to know! I have not yet had the heart to give her up to daycare, but I did recently find a local grandma just a couple of blocks away who runs a very small in-home daycare, and I liked her so much (they stopped by to admire out pumpkin patch one day while on their daily stroll) that I actually followed her home and asked to have a space for Q when one opens up. QQ is such a very social and eager and sharing little person that I know it will do her good to have a little group of friends like that to interact with. Can't wait to see how she learns from it!

Heather said...

Ok, someone has to ask? Where are their pants? Thanks for taking care of my wee man. AKA "The Eater"