Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Pregnancy Week 24

This from www.babyfit.com

You weight gain is beginning to accelerate to about one pound (.45 kg) per week, so symptoms like lower back pain and swollen feet may increase. Resting periodically for 15 to 20 minutes can help.

Your baby is getting heavier to carry, and you may feel the stress. At the same time, you may experience profound joy, knowing your little bumpkin is growing healthy and strong! Your Baby: Your bundle of joy is looking more angelic every day, gaining weight and filling out! Your baby is also starting to produce white blood cells, which will help fight infection after she leaves your body and enters the world. You may be surprised to notice that your baby responds to the sound of your voice or even the touch of your hand on your tummy by quieting down or occasionally increasing activity as a way of communicating with you!

Personal note: No swelling here, no aches I can't deal with (yet)...and I do drink my water - I'm not sure if I'm excited about the "accelerated weight gain" but I guess I'll take what comes my way...and live with it.
The Bean is kicking hard these days and while it keeps me up at night, sometime during the day it feels like a love offering "Mom, I'm here too, pay attention to me." When I stroke where he hits me, he usually slows down. Sweet

No comments: