Monday, March 8, 2010

Spring is in the Air

 

 

 


After all the griping about snow, it's only fair that I post a few shots from today's first really sunny and pleasant day in a very long time. Gus and I spent as much time outside as we could on laundry day and we managed to dry three loads on the line (love the solar dryer, such a cool gadget and completely free to me). When Jacob came home and the sun was still strong in the evening sky we headed back outside for some swinging in the front yard.

I remember Gus barely able to sit up and with his feet only peeking out the leg holes...Jacob couldn't wait to swing him...so...he didn't wait...I think his head had just stopped whobbling...maybe...anyways, nowadays Gus whobbles and shrieks and the legs dangle and the hair flies and the eyes twinkle - all voluntarily...such a joy to my sore snow-blind eyes...I can't wait for spring to be here...

PS: In case you care just how tall this kid is, he measures 37 inches at 2 1/2, that's positively enormous in my book.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Maia said...

That first photo with his hair flying and the smile of glee is so great. Happy spring! You guys are overdue for a little sunshine and melting ;)

wish I could give you that hat pattern...i'll see if i can find out where Anne found it. It really is the best hat ever.

I have strep this week...sigh. THIRD bad "flu" of the year. Looking forward to the end of flu season.