Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Pregnancy Week 39

This from babyfit.com

Your Body Although your tummy is larger than you could have imagined, you may actually feel more comfortable in your body than you have in a while. That’s because your baby has dropped further down into your pelvis, relieving additional pressure. This change has also caused your center of gravity to shift suddenly, so you may lose your balance more easily or have difficulty standing upright, particularly when getting out of a chair. Take extra care of yourself – you have a baby to deliver very soon!

YOUR BABY THIS WEEK...
If you’re not in labor at this very moment, you will be soon! And as anxious as you are to meet your little angel, he is just as excited to enter the world. Your Baby: Even at this late stage, your baby is still growing, now to around 7 pounds (3.5 kg) and 22 (56 cm) inches. All of baby's organs (except the lungs) are fully developed, along with toenails, fingernails, and muscles in his arms and legs. At this point, babies can become entangled in their umbilical cords. If this should happen, don't worry. In most cases it’s not dangerous. And contrary to rumor, it’s not caused by anything you did.

From me:
I still feel really good. I sleep relatively well and still manage to excercise three or four times a week and just generally stay on my feet a lot, BUT I do feel like I'm bursting at the seams...my Doctor says he is still high and my rib cage would agree with that...certain days it feels like he is symoultaneously pummeling my ribs and head-banging against my pubic bone, if I'm in public I try hard not to let it make me flinch too much, but it can make my eyes water..
Breathing too has changed...riding my bike home from work, up a slight hill, I will get so winded I want to sag off the saddle and just get him to release his fists from around my lungs (which is where I'm convinced they are)

But I am excited and that helps with all that...and the discomfort has been very negotiable compared with all the sweet big moves that he entertains me with these days...

No comments: