Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Pregnancy Week 38

This according to babyfit.com

Your Body: Although your size is remaining constant, your discomfort might be increasing, as some of the symptoms related to your weight, including heat rashes and difficulty sleeping, might be getting to you. While your due date may be two or more weeks away, pack your labor bag and get ready. Ninety-five percent of all babies are born within 2 weeks of their due dates.
Your baby this week...
Your baby is preparing to be born as you're preparing to experience the true excitement of impending childbirth. You may feel a little nervous, which is perfectly normal. Your Baby: In anticipation of meeting you, baby is busy getting ready for the occasion. The fine hair (lanugo), covering her body begins to shed along with the whitish coating on the skin (vernix). Your baby’s weight is approaching 7 pounds (3.5 kg) but he remains around 21 inches (53 cm) long, which shows that he's getting plumper! If your baby were born this week, she would have no problems surviving on her own.

My own thoughts: I try to picture him now. His movements are so real and I have made up entire stories based on a bump wandering across my stomach...here he is stretching out his legs, yawning, he has his Daddy's blue eyes and my flat nose... I can't wait to see him OUTSIDE!
I still sleep well but we are moving slow as snails now, everything takes twice as long and sometimes I get impatient with myself. The other day I "forgot" that I was pregnant and leaned over to get something from the passenger seat and then whipped around to get out of the car...I almost fell out, before I realized that while my butt still scoots the rest of me won't follow at pre-pregnancy pace...
Soon I'll be able to touch my toes again or sit down without making "deflating" sounds...I CAN'T WAIT!

No comments: